Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Always, Sometimes, Never

I Always...

Listen to NPR during lunch. I like Talk of the Nation. Today's guest was Dolly Parton.

Chew Original Flavor Trident gum. Nom nom nom.

Order the Vegas Roll when going out for sushi, even if I tell myself I'm going to try something new. My most daring purchase was the Mars Roll. I am not a hardcore sushi-er. My "raw fish" to "everything else" ratio is about 2:10.

Eat a small breakfast at my desk at work. It usually consists of a granola bar, string cheese, yogurt parfait, or a breakfast smoothie from a bottle. Because when it comes to sleeping in 15 more minutes or waking up earlier to eat breakfast, sleep wins every time. Let's not be ridiculous.

Turn purple during Zumba. All the blood rushes to my face once my heart gets pumpin'. The result is like something out of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. 

Shut my bedroom door at night. Otherwise a certain kitty will sneak in and interrupt my sleep, gently pawing my face and insisting I cuddle with her. No, kitty. No.

I Sometimes...

Eat leftover stuffing and pie for breakfast. 

Watch non-Christmas movies during the Holidays simply because they have Christmas scenes. Movies like Little Women, Harry Potter (take your pick), You've Got Mail, Sleepless In Seattle, Hook, While You Were Sleeping, and my personal favorite, Meet Me In St. Louis. I welcome any other non-Christmas recommendations.


Think about chopping off my hair. 

Wish people who were loud, outspoken, and vulgar would stop insisting others need to just put up with how loud, outspoken, and vulgar they are. You know how I put up with these people sometimes? Me neither. The fact that you lack discretion and tact in absolutely every setting is not an admiral quality. You may be good for a larf sometimes, but don't be surprised if you aren't everyone's favorite person to be around ALL the time. "Vulgarity is no substitute for wit." Downton Abbey taught me that.

Wish I were independently wealthy. Oh, all the useless and indulgent things I would do! For myself and for others!

End up buying way too many things for myself while trying to buy Christmas gifts for friends and family. One movie for you, 2 for me. One book for you, one Casio WK-200EPA 76-Key Premium Keyboard Package for me. Darn you, Amazon! (shakes fist) Darn you and your amazing Black Friday Lightning Deals!

Think Pinterest is full of some of the most useless crafts I've ever seen in my life. How many projects can you do using only toilet paper rolls? 

Watch Anastasia... and cry. My favorite non-Disney princess movie. 

Watch trailers for Les Miserables... and cry. I'm sensing a pattern here...

Like certain movies from the Twilight series. The last movie, to be specific. And don't say you never liked Twilight, because I'm pretty sure every girl I know did at some point. Like when it was still only the first book and we didn't know Bella Swan was going to be the most pathetic excuse for a literary heroine ever  ...Team Edward!

Hate Jane Austen's Emma. Then I remember Mr. Knightley. 

I Never...

Feel quite myself around new people. Or even some old people. I'm not even I sure I feel like myself around myself!

Would have guessed Carly Rae Jepsen was 27 years old. I lumped her with the Justin Beiber generation of tween-age girls. Nor would I have guessed she was originally a folk singer! From Canada! 

Like being a 3rd wheel. OR a 4th, 5th, or 6th wheel...

Have enough patience when it comes to my fellow drivers. Especially anyone in a BMW. Is that vehicle profiling?

Tire of hearing Chris Martin singing "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas." Very merry.

Want to answer the phone at work. You just never know what mean sort of crazy is going to be on the other end. Yes, even in the scented candle industry. People are weird.

6 comments:

  1. Love it! We should watch Meet Me in St Louis together. I'm 100% sure that is one I can never get Daniel to watch with me. You are so awesome!
    (FIRST COMMENTER! WOOOOO)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I didn't know that about Carly Rae Jepsen! Crazy!

    NPR is boring!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. I turn fuschia while zumba-ing. I'm glad I'm not the only one.
    2. I have the same problem when buying Christmas presents.
    3. "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" is one of the greatest Christmas songs ever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. -My raw fish to everything else ratio would be 0:12. I prefer candy sushi.
    -Pie for breakfast is the absolute best!
    -Little Women, While You Were Sleeping, and Sleepless in Seattle are Christmas movies, right?
    -I did like Twilight. Still do if we are talking about books 1-3.
    -I have the same problem with feeling like myself. When leave a social situation I always end up questioning who "me" really is. Most of the time it isn't the person who was there being social.
    -No way. Isn't she some 15 year old ditz?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too love NPR! And Downton Abbey taught me that "lady Mary is an uppity minx!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been hankering to watch Meet Me in St Louis! I start singing it whenever anyone mentions St Louis, which is a lot around these parts. I think the one and only time I saw it was at Whitney and Dan's house. Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete