Can't wait. Must write this now.
As I walked into the Centerville Megaplex on Saturday night, I had only one thought: “Please oh please let it live up to all the hype.” That and, “Please oh please let there be a trailer for The Hobbit.” I knew I’d like the movie regardless, but having already heard so much about it I didn’t want to be let down. Let down? Hardly.
Starting with the obvious… and by obvious I really mean people whose faces I want to kiss.
- Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner/The Hulk. Yes, he's the #1.
- Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark/Ironman.
- Chris Evans as Steve Rogers/Captain America.
- Chris Hemsworth as Thor/…uh, Thor.
- Joss Whedon writing and directing.
- This movie is FUNNY. As a genre, action movies are fraught will all sorts of cliché one-liners and cheesy puns. Painful. I don't think they're usually this funny.
- With the exception of Hawkeye (he’s a little neglected), each character gets equal face time. Though they still have their personal demons, their individual stories never overshadow one another. Part of what made this movie so entertaining was seeing how the characters go from a dysfunctional group of misfits to a fine-tuned humanity-saving machine. And a good-lookin’ one at that.
- Tom Hiddleston as Loki… He may have been the villain, but I still really like him. More than one should, I think. I sympathized with him a bit more in Thor because he was such a tragic albeit rather slimy character. Still… as slimy as Loki is, Tom Hiddleston is just ridiculously appealing.
- The movie clocks in at about 2 ½ hours, but it goes by like THAT! If anything, it felt too short. I'm excited for all the little extras that will come out with the DVD/blu ray. How nice that you have something to look forward to, Lauren.
- The Avengers > Chocolate... I knew the movie was going to be great. I had done my research and made all necessary preparations. I visited the store and loaded up on treats and drinks to sneak into the theater… Mini Butterfingers, Nestle Crunch, Coke Zero, etc. We splurged on an expensive tub of buttery popcorn and, burdened with our movie-going goodies, we finally settled into our seats. Previews came and went (no Hobbit) and the opening credits rolled… 2 ½ hours later I had only consumed about 5 kernels of popcorn, 2 sips of Coke, and I hadn’t even touched my chocolate. Any movie that makes me forget about a sizable stash of chocolate must be some movie.
And if that isn’t enough for you, I’ll go on…

Oooooh I CANT WAIT to see it!!!
ReplyDelete