Sometimes I wish I had a top-secret anonymous blog where I could just write what I want. Where I could whine and complain and express my frustration without fear of backlash. Mwa-ha-ha-ha... Of course, I’d still want people to read it because that’s the point of being a passive-aggressive blogger… I will avoid outright conflict at all costs, but I’ll voice my outrage elsewhere! A journal might be a better outlet...
There are times I’ve started writing a post referring to a specific encounter I had with something or someone, only to stop and censor myself. Such posts usually never get published because even once I’ve censored myself and have tried to make the details as vague as can be, I’m just not comfortable posting it. I start to feel blogger’s remorse. “So this one time there was this so-and-so who did such-and-such that made me really you-know-what!” Who wants to read that?
Another unfortunate symptom of being overly vague is that you may end up making some innocent reader feel implicated. Or perhaps you failed miserably at being vague and the villain of your tale ends up reading an entry and realizes just who it's all about. Either way - innocent or not, deserving or not - it's not very nice... So I will continue to censor myself when necessary and avoid It’s just that sometimes as I’m typing up all my jumbled and random thoughts, my fingers run away from me.
I bring this up because there is a little something that has been driving me absolutely bonkers lately. And while I’d like to write all about it here (my fingers are just itching to do so), I won’t. No sir. There are things in life which we must endure by simply grinning (or grimacing) and bearing it… in silence. And so today I will remain silent.
Good News/Bad News
The Good… I officially applied to SLCC in hopes of starting classes in the Fall. I’ll be pursuing an associates in (gulp!) Illustration.
The Bad… I am pretty terrified. Like, dig-a-hole-in-my-backyard-and-bury-myself-in-it terrified. Not because I’m worrying about being accepted (because hello, it’s SLCC), but because I’ll be taking my first step towards something that has the potential to either make or break me. Or just prove to be a huge waste of time. Either way, it’s going to be a challenge… whimper...
The Good… I went to bed at a fairly reasonable hour last night. I didn’t get overly distracted by Pinterest or Facebook.
The Bad… My dreams were pretty disturbing. I was half in and out of a deep sleep for most of the night and I woke up feeling absolutely terrible, physically and emotionally. Here’s to what will hopefully be a dreamless sleep tonight.
The Good… Michael’s consistently writing us here back home! Things have been pretty good for him out in Missouri and his testimony has grown so much.
The Bad… Well, not SO bad. He’s had a few discouraging days, but he’s bearing them well. If you’d like to write him, let me know! In true missionary fashion, he thrives on letters from home.
The Good… Crown Burger for lunch!
The Bad… Ughhhh… Crown Burger for lunch…
The Good... Saw Beauty and the Beast in 3D!
The Bad... Only this time around I wasn't a starry-eyed, dream-filled 6-year-old, but a wistful and nostalgic 26-year-old. Who still relies too heavily on the fantasy of Disney movies, apparently.
The Good… “Yay! I’m a llama again!”
The Bad… “Wait…”
See? Now wasn't that pleasant?

Hmmm I want the unedited version of your story....we need to hang out. I also have a project I want your help on :) We need to chat!!! Maybe our sushi Downton Abbey night needs to happen real soon ;)
ReplyDelete